TitansGo.net
Welcome to the TGN forums!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist 
 AmazonAmazon   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:44 am
All times are UTC - 5
 Forum index » Off Topic » Creative Works
Moderators: CidGregor, Super Karoru

JLA - Inner Feelings and Honest Thoughts ("T")

This thread is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View previous thread :: View next thread
DSS
Jump City Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm    Reply with quote

Introduction: A Justice League fan story set withing the continuity of the Bruce Timm's DCAU. It focuses on the relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman, and what conclusion it'll lead to. Plus, this is set between JLU and Batman Beyond.

And lastly, this is the fan story I consider to be my magnum opus of fan fiction writing.

---

Diana. How could I describe the person citizens know as “Wonder Woman”? She’s a remarkable woman, she’s a valued friend, and she’s…and, well, I wasn’t sure what that last part was going to be when I told this to Jon Stewart, the Green Lantern, because Diana was standing right behind me at the time. Admittedly, I did feel somewhat embarrassed. Despite my honest feelings for Diana, I felt it was wrong. I couldn’t pursue a relationship with her.

Plus, my last major relationship with a woman ended in pure tragedy. She was Andrea Beaumont. She had been the first real love of my life. But do to her father’s involvement with a mob going into dangerous turmoil; both she and her father had to leave Gotham, thus ending our love. It wasn’t until years later, after becoming The Batman, that I met Andrea again. But she had turned herself into a vengeful killer, The Phantasm, due to her father being killed by the mob.

Meeting Diana, getting to know her, and realizing my feelings for her, I just couldn’t start a relationship with her. I didn’t want my enemies to use her as my weakness. I mean, she’s a strong woman who can take of herself is situations of peril, but that doesn’t stop me from caring for her and her well-being.

But something about her did bring up a more positive feeling I haven’t felt for almost a decade. Was it her understanding, courageous and friendly personality, or was it just something that had to do with her beautiful appearance (particularly her baby-blue eyes). Whatever the reason, in the end, there are just three simple words I have to say: I love Diana.

Of all the men in the Man’s world I’ve come to know, Bruce is by far the most intriguing. Bruce wasn’t like Superman, who had powers equal to my own and was reasonable and friendly, and he isn’t like Wally West, the Flash, who, in some flattering way, never really acted mature and occasionally flirted with women (even me at one time). Bruce seemed much more secluded from the League, and he never really seemed that much of a positive thinker.

So you, fellow reader, might be pondering as to why I would even like Batman to begin with, since he stops injustice in ways that are polar to my own methods.

Well, knowing his tragic past, I, along with the League, can understand why he has this persona. Besides, the tragedy didn’t turn him psychotic. He knows what he’s doing and he does what is right, and he never crosses the line of killing an enemy, no matter what their actions were, unless there was no other choice.

I guess the thing that I like about Bruce is that he has a high intellect, subtle charm, warrior spirit, a strong sense of determination, and that he’s probably the bravest man I’ve ever met. He never gives up hope, either. He even tried to save me when everyone thought I was dead after being nearly crushed by an incoming missile.

With that in mind, I don’t “think”, I know that Bruce does have some deeper feelings for me. I love him just as much as he loves me; I just wish he wouldn’t deny that from himself.

“Hi, Bruce” Diana said kindly.

Both she and Batman had met in one of the corridors of the Watchtower. Batman looked at Diana.

“Hey.” replied Batman in his usual monotone voice.

“Say, Bruce?” said Diana, “I wanted to ask you something.”

“What’s that?”

Diana put her arms around her back.

“And want you to be honest with me…how do you truthfully feel about me.”

Batman’s eyes briefly widened. He hesitated.

“Well, I think of us as ‘good friends’. You know that, of course.”

Diana just looked at him, slightly disappointed. She knew how the Batman really felt about her. She thought of putting the Lasso of Truth around him, but she scrapped the idea right away. She didn’t want the truth forced out of Bruce. She preferred to let him admit the truth by himself.

“Is there a problem with that?” Bruce asked, somewhat curiously. Diana closed her eyes.

“Look, Bruce, I know that you and I are more than just ‘good friends’. I know how you really feel. Why are you denying yourself of that?”

“I’m sorry, Diana, but I’m just not going to discuss that matter.”

Diana opened her eyes as Batman started to continue walking down the corridor. She wasn’t about the let him just walk off.

“Wait!”

Batman stopped. He turned to face Diana, who was looking at him sternly.

“What?”

“Bruce, I’m not letting you walk away from this! Why in the name of Hades won’t you tell me that you love me?”

At this, Batman responded, “Because I can’t.”

Diana just stared at him, stunned. Then she frowned.

“Don’t you understand? I can’t be in relationship with you because—“

“Because of ‘common sense’” Diana interrupted, now angered and hurt, “Well look here, I appreciate your reasoning, but you shouldn’t let common sense pull you away from your feelings!”

“What are you trying to say here, Diana?!” yelled Bruce, his voice rose, “Are you saying I’m a coward, a weakling even, for keeping my feelings from you?!”

Diana could’ve said “Yes” to this, but she didn’t.

Diana’s expression went from angered to sadden. She finally spoke. “Love for someone is what ultimately makes you stronger, Bruce. Not weaker.” They stared at each other, with Bruce’s expression becoming less tense and more apologetic. “That’s what I’m trying to say here.”

She turned and started to walk away, but then she looked back at Bruce. Batman caught the brief glimpse of a tear welling up in Diana’s left eye as she turned away and left him there in the corridor, alone.

Why did I have to be so damn ignorant? Bruce thought sadly.
---
To Be Continued...

"Trust is love. Fight with honor. But fight to win. The future is scary. But I say? Bring it on. We can take it! And may the freakin' glory of freakin' Gaea be with you!" - Vanessa Kapatelis, Wonder Woman #600
 This thread is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] View previous thread :: View next thread
 Forum index » Off Topic » Creative Works

Jump to: